Monday, August 30, 2010

{Heirloom Piece}

This one kicked my trash!
I had to HAND SAND the entire thing, its a really old antique and a family heirloom, so I was a little nervous to say the least about painting and sanding it. Once I got going it wasn't to bad because I couldn't wait to see it finished, and she did not disappoint, I love her and miss her... I hope she enjoys her new home., my garage will miss her!

Here she is BEFORE...
I did the drawer and then realized I needed a before picture...whoops!
and AFTER!

We opted not to do the inside and just paint out the shelves. There are lots of hooks for cups inside and I would have had to remove them... not a good idea. And the glass had some awesome inlaid wood design, so I just left it the way it was, praying that the glass wouldn't break. The hardware is all original and we estimated the piece to date back to the 1920's... beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment